April 5, 2007

Gave blood, gave life.


I gave blood yesterday for the first time. Nearly 23 years old and it was my first time. I can't say that I wasn't nervous, because that would be a total and complete falsehood. There are few times where I have been more nervous.

But I overcame my nerves, sucked it up, and had that needle draw out a pint of sangre.

Once all was said and done, I felt relieved, albeit a little light-headed.

Give blood. Give life. I will again in 56 days.

In other news, Obama and Clinton announced fundraising totals and they are neck and neck based upon fundraising (w/o transfers from their Senate accounts) and Obama has a boatload that's dedicated to the primary. Bill Richardson was able to raise $6 million and has $5 million cash on hand.

I'm personally impressed with Obama's performance and pleased with Richardson's, given the dearth of coverage he has received and the fact he's still the full-time chief executive of a state. Hillary may be having more issues than recognized and reported by the media and these numbers - relative to Obama's - seem to convey that.

Hey hey, what do you say?
Hey hey, what do you gotta be that way?
Hey hey,
Hey hey.

-rl

No comments: