December 13, 2006

More on the Kucinich drama

The warfare going on at BSB has taken a turn. Apparently I'm not the only person who thinks that this is an awful idea.

Openers has the coverage of the announcement and subsequent firefight between Dennis and reporters. For those of you who don't recall, it was only in October that Dennis had stated while running for re-election that he had no plans to make another quixotic run at the windmill.

How one goes from having "no plans" on doing to making the decision and jumping into the icy waters of presidential politics (again) in only two months time, I cannot explain. It certainly appears that Dennis enjoys being the butt of all jokes; I mean, c'mon, Al Sharpton hasn't even gotten into the pool of candidates yet.

AND we're still more than one year out from caucuses and primaries.

I propose a solution: if Dennis wants to crisscross the country, running for this or that, vying for that lofty position in the Department of Peace, he should promise that he will not run for Congress again. His continual absence from the district he is supposed to represent makes him more isolated from his constituents and makes him less efficient in Congress. To this I say: NO MORE! I was your constituent for four years, Mr. Kucinich, and had enough of your spectacles to have the common sense to vote for the OTHER candidate, Barbara Anne Ferris, in the May primary. If I were your constituent now, I'd be mad as hell.

So I say no more of it. The reins must be passed.

Good luck to you, Mr. Kucinich.

May your department be peaceful.

-rsl
(co-signed by the corpse of George Orwell)

No comments: